This is an analysis of the poem Discontinuous Poems that begins with:
The frightful reality of things
Is my everyday discovery. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXX b acbbb daX dXe ecd cbbXcb bbfeXfafd X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,1,5,3,3,3,6,9,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010001 011010100 110100 11101010011 10110011001 0010001001 11101010010 11110101 11001010 111101100 01111010110100 011101101001 1101101001 11111010110 1101001001001 1010010110 1010010011101001 1111010111 11110010111 011001 11111001110 111010001110 0110 10100100101011 01110011 0111011110 111100100010 1101011011101 11101110111 1111001011 011111010001111 100 010010110 10110110010100 01 0101100100
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, i, think, because are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, because are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Discontinuous Poems;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Fernando Pessoa
- Analysis of Autopsychography
- Analysis of I don't know how many souls I have
- Analysis of I Have a Terrible Cold