This is an analysis of the poem Valkyriur Song that begins with:
The Sea-king woke from the troubled sleep
Of a vision-haunted night,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccb dcdcccc efefbbf gfgfggf hihijji hhccddhh kkggcchh ggbbcchh ddccffhXXegegggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,8,8,8,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011100101 0010101 111001100101 1100101 10111001 1010111 0010101 101010111 1010111 11110101101 1010001 1010111 0110101 11110101 0111100101 1100101 11110100111 0110101 1101001 110101 1010101 101100101 10111111 111011101 10100101 1010011 0011101 1010101 101010101 0110101 111100101 010001 1010101 1010101 0011101 1110101 1011101 1011101 1110101 1010001 1110101 1011111 1010101 1011001 1100101 1011001 1111101 1011101 1110101 1010111 1010101 1011111 1110111 1010011 1111111 10101111 10111011 1100111 1010101 1010111 1110001 1010111 1110111 1011101 1011111 1110111 1010101 111011111 1010111 1010100111 0010101 1110101 0010111 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 247
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 74
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, by, there are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines thee is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word hall at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Valkyriur Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- Analysis of The Queen Of Prussia's Tomb
- Analysis of Sonnet To Italy
- Analysis of The Bards, To The Soldiers Of Caractacus