This is an analysis of the poem The Rainbow that begins with:
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Genesis ix. 13. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X abab cdcd cece fefE ebeb ghgh ieie ecec efefXgegE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 111110011010101000100011101 10011 110101010 0101001 1111110010 110101 111101001 010101 11011101 010101 1011100101 010101 11011101 010101 11110101 0100101 11010101 011001 11010101 0100101 01110101 001101 11010111 1100101 11110101 111101 01110101 1110101 111010111 101101 01110111 110100 10111101 111101 110101101 110101 11010101 110111 11011111 101101 11011101 011001
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Rainbow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.