This is an analysis of the poem Harvest Hymn that begins with:
Now autumn strews on every plain,
His mellow fruits and fertile grain;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccccbB bbXbbbccbB bXddaaeebB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111001 01011011 11010101 01011101 01010101 01010101 110101001 110101001 10010101 01010101 010101010 110001010 11010101 11010101 11010101 11010101 11010101 01010101 01010111 01010101 01010001 01011101 01110101 11010101 010100111 01011101 01010101 01010101 01010101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 357
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word praise at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Harvest Hymn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.