This is an analysis of the poem The Song Of The Barren Orange Tree that begins with:
Cut my shadow from me....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabb caac XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100 111101 110001 010011 11110110 111111 01101 0101 1101011010 11111 111100 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 98
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Song Of The Barren Orange Tree;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.