This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Of The Sweet Complaint that begins with:
Never let me lose the marvel
of your statue-like eyes, or the accent ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa baXb cXc XcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10111010 0111111011 010101011 1011111 1101010101 0101111101 010110111 1010101 01111010 011111101 011011101110 101111111 1010100110 01010110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, if, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word if is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Of The Sweet Complaint;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.