This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet that begins with:
I know that my profile will be serene
in the north of an unreflecting sky....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXb accb dee dXc XXXX fXXX XXX fXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110001 0010110001 100010110 0101011 1010101010 10100101101 1110010001 1001000101 11110101 010101 100101 100110011 1010011 1011010011 101000101000 1100111000 101101110100 111101100100 10010111110 010011101100 1011100010000 111011010 1111011100 11010011100 1101101100 1110101111010 1011111100 1001100001010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 112
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.