This is an analysis of the poem The Undying Race that begins with:
Here in the narrow broken way
Where silently we go.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefgbgb gdadfhfh icicjbjb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101 110011 11011101 010101 110101001 010111 10110101 110101 10110101 110111 11011111 010101 11010100 110111 010111100 101101 11011100 110101 11010111 101111 10011101 111101 01011100 1101001 111101101 1011001 11010101 111001 011101001 011101 10111111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 246
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Undying Race;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.