This is an analysis of the poem The Reconciliation that begins with:
When you were mine, in auld lang syne,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Xbab a XXcX a deae a cfXf a beXe a Xdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11010111 111111110 11011111 1100101010 1 01111101 1101010010 010110001 111111010 1 10010101 111111010 11010101 110100010 1 11001100 110111110 11111001 111111010 1 10110101 111111010 110011101 100101010 1 11011101 110111110 11111111 110100010
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 71
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Reconciliation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.