This is an analysis of the poem The Night Wind that begins with:
Have you ever heard the wind go "Yooooo"?
'T is a pitiful sound to hear!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacdccdeXfXXX bcbccecceXbfXXX bbbbfeffeXbXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,15,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101011100 100100101 01011111 0011101 10010011111 111001 1101100111 001010111 1001101 11111101 111011010 1011100101 10 1 10 11011101 1110101 11011101 110101 11111101 101101 001011111 110111001 1101111 1100101011 00111001 10111001001 10 1 10 10111101 110101 11010101 111111 10111111 011101 01110111 11011101 010101 0111101010 111111 10101001001 10 1 10
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 481
- Average number of words per stanza: 85
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, yoooooooo, when are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words yoooooooo, and, suppose are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines yoooooooo is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word yoooooooo at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase yoooooooo connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Night Wind;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.