This is an analysis of the poem Pan Liveth that begins with:
They told me once that Pan was dead,
And so, in sooth, I thought him;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abababcX adadaXcc cecececc fdfdXXcc ghghghcc cicXcicc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111111 1101111 11010101 11001111 10010101 1001111 1010111101 10111010 11111111 01001110 11010101 1101110 10010101 0100011 1101101 010101 11001101 1101010 11010101 0101010 111000111 11110110 11010101 111111 11111111 0111110 10110101 1001110 11010100 01001110 11010101 001111 01111111 1100010 11110101 11010110 11111111 1101010 11110101 110001 10111111 0001010 0100111001 0101100 11001101 11110010 11111111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; so is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words nor, tell, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word pan at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase pan connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pan Liveth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.