This is an analysis of the poem Over The Hills And Far Away that begins with:
Over the hills and far away,
A little boy steals from his morning play... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AaaabbaAA AaccaaaAA AabbddaAa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101 0101100101 1100100101 1111100100 0101101001 0110010111 0010111111 10011101 10011101 10011101 0110101001 10100100101 00111011011 11110101 10010111 101100101 10011101 10011101 10011101 111101101 110100111 0101101001 01110011 010010101 1110111 10011101 10001101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 322
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, over, hills, far, away, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, over, on, the are repeated.
The author used the same word over at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines away is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word away at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Over The Hills And Far Away;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.