This is an analysis of the poem Good-Bye--God Bless You! that begins with:
I like the Anglo-Saxon speech
With its direct revealings;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabcdcdeeXefcfX bfbfghghbXbXiciX bjbjbkbklilikkkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,16,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 0001100 01011101 1100110 11110111 1111010 11110101 0111110 11101111 0101111 010100100110 1111111 11010111 1100111 11110101 111011110 01010101 0100010 01110101 1011010 01011101 0111110 01010001 1101110 00010001 0101010 10110101 0101010 11110101 0100011 01110111 111011110 11010101 1111010 10110101 1111010 11110101 0111111 01010101 1101011 11010111 1101010 11011101 1111010 11111001 1111011 11011101 1111011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 539
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, i, for, and, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, and, she are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word you at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Good-Bye--God Bless You!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.