This is an analysis of the poem Infant Eyes that begins with:
Blood of my blood, bone of my bone,
Heart of my being's heart,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab caca dXdX XXef bdbdXfefe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111011 101101 11001101 101111 01110011 110101 01001101 100011 11110101 111101 1100101101 010100 11110110 1111010 01001101 110111 11110101 010101 11011101 010101 11010111 101101 11010001 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Infant Eyes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.