This is an analysis of the poem Montparnasse that begins with:
There are never any suicides in the quarter among people one knows
No successful suicides....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXbXbbXaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1110101010010011011 1010101 0011101101 1010010100101101 01101101101 1111010110111 110101 01011101 011101001010101 1101011011011 11011001011 10010101011101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 567
- Average number of words per stanza: 104
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; dead is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines dead is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Montparnasse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.