This is an analysis of the poem Beata Solitudo that begins with:
What land of Silence,
Where pale stars shine... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBXBb Xcdcc Xeaee bcXcc XfdffXaBdBb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 1111 11010 1111 0111 01010 1101 11010 0101 1101 11010 0101 10011 0101 1101 01010 1101 10111 1111 0101 11101 1111 11110 0101 0111 01010 1111 11010 1111 0111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 18 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Beata Solitudo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.