This is an analysis of the poem Autumnal that begins with:
Pale amber sunlight falls across
The reddening October trees,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbab ccccc ddddd ebbeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011101 01000101 11010101 11110101 11011111 11010011 01100101 11110101 11011001 01010101 11110111 01010111 11010101 01011111 01011111 010100101 10110101 110011001 01110111 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumnal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.