This is an analysis of the poem After Paul Verlaine-Ii that begins with:
Into the lonely park all frozen fast,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Bb cc Bb XX XX aX XXXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101010 0001011101 0101101111 1111101111 1010110111 0001011101 1111110101 1101011100 10011011100 1111111110 1111110101 1011010100 10110101101 1101011111 1111010101 110101110 1011010111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 81
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ' is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of After Paul Verlaine-Ii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.