This is an analysis of the poem A Song Of The Setting Sun that begins with:
A song of the setting sun!
The sky in the west is red,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaa cdcdaa ebebdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100101 0100101 1010111 1101101 111 110110101 0100101 0100111 0011111 1111111 111 010101101 01001010 1100101 11111110 0010101 111 100100111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Song Of The Setting Sun;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.