This is an analysis of the poem Poem To Kabir that begins with:
the breath inside the breath...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc XbXc cXcaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 010101 01 11010 11010111 10101 101001 11011 10010 101 10 01
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 66
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 16 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines god is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word god at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poem To Kabir;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Erica Jong
- Analysis of The Perfect Poet
- Analysis of The Poet As A Feeler Of Pain
- Analysis of Regret For Mimi Bailin