This is an analysis of the poem For My Husband that begins with:
You sleep in the darkness,
you with the back I love...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbX aXcadedcf XXbXe cXfXggX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,9,5,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010 100111 01010 111010100 11101010011 1111 111100 1101111010 1010111010 101111101 1011010101001 101 111010 11 010011110 1010110 0101011 111010 1000111 11 10111010 0001000 001010 111110 00111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, like are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, like are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of For My Husband;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.