This is an analysis of the poem After The Earthquake that begins with:
After the first astounding rush,
after the weeks at the lake,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcd cefe gdddd ehbg hfdaXb Xefef eXXeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,5,4,6,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101 1001101 010010101001 0110101111 011001 100100010 1111110110 10111011 101110110 1111 101101 1111001 111111 1111101 111110010 0101111101 0100101111 0101101010 11001 10101001110 11001101001 10100110101 10101001 110101 1100100 1100 11110 1100 1111 11110 1111101 01110 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of After The Earthquake;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Erica Jong
- Analysis of A Bespectacled Artist Called Lear
- Analysis of To X. (With Ephemeral Kisses)
- Analysis of Touch