This is an analysis of the poem When They Draw Us that begins with:
When they draw us, the children,
as great beaming sun-faces...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaXX XbbcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010 1110110 1011101 100111111 00100101 11001 1111 0011100100 000101 11110010 1011101 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When They Draw Us;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.