This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet that begins with:
STILL northward is the central mount of Maine,
From whose high crown the rugged forests seem... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaccaadaXdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1100010101 0111010101 1101110101 1101011101 1001000101 10010010101 0111010101 01011100111 1001110101 0011111111 11010110001 1101111100 11001111101 1111011101 11011010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 666
- Average number of words per stanza: 116
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.