This is an analysis of the poem City Visions that begins with:
As the blind Milton's memory of light, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bccbcbbcdeadea X eeeeeeeeaefaef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,14,1,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1 1011010001 0110010001 1110010111 0101010111 1101010111 1011110111 1011010101 0101111101 0101110111 11101111101 1111010111 1011011101 1011011111 1111110111 1 1101011111 1101111101 1111010101 1101010111 1111010101 100010101001 1001111101 0101010101 11010100111 1111110101 01001101101 10110001101 1011010101 1100110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 326
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, who are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of City Visions;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.