This is an analysis of the poem Bar Kochba that begins with:
Weep, Israel! your tardy meed outpour
Of grateful homage on his fallen head,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXcXcdcdbdbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 110110111 0101010101 1101000101 10001011000 01001010101 0101010000 01010010111 00110011001 1111010111 01110100011 01010100001 1110110101 0111010111 0101010101 10010101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 631
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bar Kochba;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.