This is an analysis of the poem Through Time And Bitter Distance that begins with:
Unknown to you, I walk the cheerless shore.
The cutting blast, the hurl of biting brine...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcX e fdfd X ghgh X aiai XXgege
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,1,4,1,4,1,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101110101 0101010101 1111110111 1101011101 1111010001 0111111011 1101011101 1001110110 1 111101 1001001 100101 1101 1 110111 010111 111111 1101 1 010111 110101 110101 0101 1 101101 110101 111101 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 85
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Through Time And Bitter Distance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.