This is an analysis of the poem The King's Consort that begins with:
Love, was it yesternoon, or years agone, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Xbcb aXab dcdc X eedd bbbb eeee X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,1,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1 1101001010 110111 1111011101 010101 01010111101 0101000 1111010101 110100 1111110111 001101 1101010101 111101 1 11010101010001 11011101010011 11010111010101 11011101010111 11110101110101 111111001010011 110011010100011 11011111010101 110011111010101 11011111010111 01110101011111 01010101011101 11110101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, my, of are repeated.
The author used the same word you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The King's Consort;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.