This is an analysis of the poem The Homing Bee that begins with:
You are belted with gold, little brother of mine,
Yellow gold, like the sun ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa abab acac aXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001101001 101101 11001101001 11001 111001101001 111101 11101010001 01011 111001101001 101101 01111101101 01111 111011101001 111010 111001011101 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, for are repeated.
The author used the same word you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Homing Bee;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.