This is an analysis of the poem The Spider as an Artist that begins with:
The Spider as an Artist
Has never been employed - ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab abXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101110 110001 1001010 010101 11001110 010101 0101010 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Spider as an Artist;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of 'Faithful To The End' Amended
- Analysis of Sometimes with the Heart
- Analysis of The Wind Took Up The Northern Things