This is an analysis of the poem The Months Have Ends—the Years—a Knot that begins with:
The Months have ends—the Years—a knot—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abXX ccac XbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01110001 110101 0101010 010100 01111101 0001001 11001101 110001 0100010 110001 0101011 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 80
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Months Have Ends—the Years—a Knot;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.