This is an analysis of the poem The Leaves Like Women Interchange that begins with:
The Leaves like Women interchange... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXaX XXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01110101 01010000 1101111 010100 0100110 0101000 0100010 010100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 66
- Average number of words per stanza: 9
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Leaves Like Women Interchange;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of Heaven Has Different Signs—to Me
- Analysis of Me Prove It Now—whoever Doubt
- Analysis of Her Smile Was Shaped Like Other Smiles