This is an analysis of the poem One Anguish—in A Crowd that begins with:
One Anguish—in a Crowd—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abXb cdcd XeXb feaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 110001 010101 11100101 010001 1101100 110001 01110101 110101 0111010 010001 01101100 110101 111010 011001 01010001 110110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 84
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of One Anguish—in A Crowd;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.