This is an analysis of the poem On my volcano grows the Grass that begins with:
On my volcano grows the Grass
A meditative spot - ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba Xcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 010101 11010101 1001001 11010101 110001 0101 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On my volcano grows the Grass;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of The Devil - had he fidelity
- Analysis of Not Sickness stains the Brave,
- Analysis of I thought the Train would never come