This is an analysis of the poem Make Me A Picture Of The Sun that begins with:
Make me a picture of the sun—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXaX XaXX XXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1 110100010 111100110 11010101 11010100 1101000010 11110111 1101011100 111000000 1001000110 100100001000 110000100 10001000010 1101000010 11100001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Make Me A Picture Of The Sun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of Unit, Like Death, For Whom?
- Analysis of My Portion Is Defeat—today
- Analysis of My River Runs To Thee