This is an analysis of the poem I Am Ashamed—i Hide that begins with:
I am ashamed—I hide—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabccb bbdddd dddbXbefefaaaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,6,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 110111 11110001 1101001 11011101 11011111 110111 100111 10011100 10010 1001011 10010100 111101 1001111 10110101 1101 10111111 110100 1101 11100 1011011 11010 111 11111 1101 1101 11001111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, to, of, like are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word no is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Am Ashamed—i Hide;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.