This is an analysis of the poem Her Sweet Weight On My Heart A Night that begins with:
Her sweet Weight on my Heart a Night... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aXaX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01111101 1101010 11011001 1111100 0101001000 0100100 101101010 01001000 0110001010 100001010 010101010 11100110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Her Sweet Weight On My Heart A Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of The Wind Begun To Knead The Grass
- Analysis of We Outgrow Love, Like Other Things
- Analysis of If I'M Lost&Mdash;Now