This is an analysis of the poem Her&Mdash;"Last Poems" that begins with:
Her—"last Poems"—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,18,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1000100 10000100000000100 111000010 1000100 11000 110010000 10000010100 111101000 001010000 100100 110000 10111010 100010100 0010000010 10010010100 1000001010 1100101000 10100100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 341
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Her&Mdash;"Last Poems";
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of Promise This—when You Be Dying
- Analysis of The Rainbow Never Tells Me
- Analysis of So Bashful When I Spied Her!