This is an analysis of the poem Grief Is A Mouse that begins with:
Grief is a Mouse—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 100100 11010001 101100 11010 100100100 10100001 01110 1101000 100100001010 10110111 11010000000010 100100001000 110100000110 110010100 01000 10000110000110 101101010000
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Grief Is A Mouse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of The Daisy Follows Soft The Sun
- Analysis of Would You Like Summer? Taste Of Ours
- Analysis of What Soft—cherubic Creatures