This is an analysis of the poem Absent Place&Mdash;An April Day that begins with:
Absent Place—an April Day—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXXX aXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1010001010 10101 1110100 001110 111010 101100 101011 1010000
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 68
- Average number of words per stanza: 10
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Absent Place&Mdash;An April Day;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of A Planted Life&Mdash;Diversified
- Analysis of Death Is A Dialogue Between
- Analysis of A Science&Mdash;So The Savants Say