This is an analysis of the poem A Sickness Of This World It Most Occasions that begins with:
A Sickness of this World it most occasions
When Best Men die.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabX baXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000101010 1111 010011010 0101 010100110 0110 0101010 1100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 99
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Sickness Of This World It Most Occasions;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emily Dickinson
- Analysis of The Face we choose to miss
- Analysis of Remembrance has a Rear and Front
- Analysis of These Fevered Days - to take them to the Forest