This is an analysis of the poem Maaneskinsnatten that begins with:
Herskerinde, siig, hvad hviske
Dine Rosenlæbers Rødme?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX X XXXXXX X XXXXXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,1,6,1,6,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111 11001 10101 101101 101101 1011100 11111 1111110 11001 101110 1000101 11011 101100 11111 11110 10101000 1110001 111000 11111 11110 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 93
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; kysse, de, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Maaneskinsnatten;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.