This is an analysis of the poem Henning V. Wichfeldt that begins with:
Foraaret kom, og Sommer gik i Enge,
Høleen klang ved Sang af Nattergale,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaXabb XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,7,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001110111 11111100 111010101 111100011 11111001 111001111 1101011101 11111011 1111101010 1100110110 11110100110 110101001 1111110010 110111111 1111110111 11111110 1001011100 110001111 11011111 11011101 11111111 1111011111 110110110 010011110 10110101 11000101110 110111001 1100101110 11001111 111111000 111101100110 111111110 1101011110 11000101110 111111110 111111101100 1100110110 101111101 1111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 309
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; der, i, og, hans are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word der is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ret is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Henning V. Wichfeldt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emil Aarestrup
- Analysis of Henrykkelse
- Analysis of Her Rasler Skoven Og Her Suser Sivet
- Analysis of Her Var End Naturen Samlet