This is an analysis of the poem Døer Jeg — Nuvel! Jeg Frygter Ei that begins with:
Døer jeg — nuvel! jeg frygter ei;
Naar du er til, saa lever jeg....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101101 10011101 10111 01011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; er, jeg, du are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Døer Jeg — Nuvel! Jeg Frygter Ei;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Emil Aarestrup
- Analysis of Ederne
- Analysis of Ei De Snoe Sig Om Det Stive
- Analysis of Elegie [af Mangen Gravitetisk Sjæl, Hvor Tidt]