This is an analysis of the poem To G. M. W. And G. F. W. that begins with:
Whenas—(I love that 'whenas' word—
It shows I am a poet, too)... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcaca X cdXdcaXa X dXdXdada X ebebaaaa f ghghaXaX f iiiXdada XXhfhffafa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,1,8,1,8,1,8,1,8,1,8,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10111101 01110101 11010101 01000111 11011101 11010101 10110111 10010101 1 10011011 01110101 11001101 11111101 11010101 11011101 10011111 01111101 1 10011111 11010110 01010001 111111010 11010101 01010001 1111011001 11010101 1 11010111 10110101 10110101 11110111 110101001 01110001 01010111 00011101 1 11010101 01010111 01111101 01010110 11010101 11110111 11111001 10010101 1 11011111 11011111 01010101 11111101 11010101 10011101 11010111 11010101 1 01100101 01110111 11010001 1111101 10111001 00110101 11011101 11000101
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 62
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, t are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To G. M. W. And G. F. W.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.