This is an analysis of the poem The Daughter Of The Year that begins with:
Nature, when she made thee, dear,
Begged the treasures of the year.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddaabb eeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111 1010001 1111111 01110101 1011101 1010001 1010111 0010101 1111111 1010011 1010101 1010111 1010111 11100001 11100111 0110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Daughter Of The Year;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.