This is an analysis of the poem Ridden Down that begins with:
When I taught Ida how to ride a
Bicycle that night,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXbb acXcbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101010 10011 110101010 10110 11011001 11011101 111101110 10101 111000010 10111 01001101 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ridden Down;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.