This is an analysis of the poem A Question that begins with:
Whene’er I feed the barnyard folk
My gentle soul is vexed;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bcXc ccac baXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110111 110101 11010011 111101 01010101 110101 11111101 110111 11010101 110101 01110101 010101 111101110 010101 010000101 111001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Question;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.