This is an analysis of the poem Lesson that begins with:
Whenever my mother, who taught
small children forty years,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdabXXX XebXXbac eaXcdX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,6,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011011 110100 10101 0101010 1011101 1110101 010110110 101011 0111110 110011 001111 10101001 0101010 1001110 11010 100101 101111 1011110 111101 1111010 11111 1101110 1101 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines think is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lesson;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.