This is an analysis of the poem Woman And War that begins with:
We women teach our little sons how wrong
And how ignoble blows are; school and church... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdebf gghbieajjjhheheXkdhecbjXdckefih
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,31,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101110111 1101011111 0111110101 0101010111 1101011111 1101000101 1101010001 1101010101 1111111111 1101010001 1101011101 1111010101 1111110111 0101110101 1111101101 1101010101 1011010111 1110111111 1101010111 1101011111 1111110101 1111011101 0101010101 1111010101 01010010101 1100010011 0101000101 11111100111 11000011001 0101011100 1101010111 11110100101 0111011100 111101101 1111110001 1100010101 11110111111 0101110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 540
- Average number of words per stanza: 100
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, with, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, our are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Woman And War;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.